Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 6

Assignment: Illustration With Text




Craft:
I used illustrator, obviously. I used the gradient tool, slanted text, and different kinds of brush strokes. I want it to show, mainly, the ideas that the song Do You Realize?? display, "You relaize the sun doesn't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round". Playing off of that, I want to display the theme illusion.


Composition:
I put the arm so that it stretches out a bit more than half way through the page, and I tried to not keep one specific focal point, because the entire picture is important to understand my ideas. I decided that instead of just having the earth and the sun floating beside of each other, it would be cooler to include the earth into the illusion idea by having this arm holding it, kind of signally the earth's fragility compared to the sun.


Concept:
Like I already wrote, it is based on song lyrics and the idea that life is an illusion, as is death. In the second of the pictures, I started to add some words. The words around the sun say "The sun sets, but it never leaves". In a way, I imagined some religious superstitions with this, with the sun representative of a higher power, and the earth as the rest of life. This is probably my favorite piece so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment